Join us and create a wind chime that can be hung on a tree for others to enjoy or keep. Pass on the sounds of kindness! The Wind Chime workshop will take place on May 16th from 6-7 pm or June 2nd from 5-6:30 pm at Ellington Youth Services at 31 Arbor Way. To register, please visit Youth Services or go on Activenet. The cost is $10 per session.
Free Lacrosse Clinic
for Children with
Children with special needs and their parents are invited to spend an afternoon playing fun lacrosse activities, learn skills, have snacks and make new friends. Area high school and college level coaches will be on staff.
Each child will receive a T-shirt!
Sunday, May 7th
1:30 to 3:30 pm
Pinney Street Fields, Ellington, CT
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-register on Activenet.Code: SPIRIT.LAX
Next Community Meeting: March 15, 2017 at Ellington Youth Services at 7:30 pm
Community Meeting- Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 7:30 pm, Ellington Yough Services
Join us for our next meeting to plan events for the year. Many ideas are on the table.
Community Meeting - September 21, 2016 at 7:30 pm, Ellington Youth Services
Join us for our first fall community meeting to discuss ways to come together to encourage kindness in our community.
2015/2016 - Previous Events
Show your creativity. Enter our Decide to Be Kind poster contest showing acts of kindness or ways to be kind. Here are the rules and directions
- Enter in your appropriate grade category: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Please mark clearly your name and grade on the back of your drawing and supply a parent’s email address and phone number with drawing.
- Use your choice of crayons, colored pencils or markers.
- Use standard 12”X 18” poster size paper. Paper is available at Youth Services at 31 Arbor Way.
- Show an act of kindness or present ways to be kind through pictures and words. Be creative!
- Send or drop off posters to Ellington Youth Services at 31 Arbor Way. Deadline is 4 pm on April 20, 2016.
- One winner in each category will be chosen at the end of April.
- Winners will be announced and exhibited at our Decide To Be Kind booth at the Ellington Farmer’s Market on Saturday, May 7th. All participants are invited to have their photo taken with the Kindness Cow! A real cow!
- Each winner will receive a gift card.
- Questions? Contact Youth Services at email@example.com or call 860-870-3130.
Kindness Clean-Up Day
Be kind to our environment! Join us on Saturday, April 23rd to celebrate Earth Day (April 22nd) and clean up our community. We will meet at Brookside Park Pavilion at 10 am and teams will either pick up litter at Brookside or drive to an elderly resident's house to pick up sticks and do light raking. We will meet back at noon at the Pavilion for lunch provided by local businesses. Glove and bags will be provided. Bring a rake if you have one. A volunteer with a truck to transport sticks to brush dump is needed. Contact Youth Services at 860-870-3130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Celebrate Kindness and Cultural Diversity in Ellington the weekend of May 6-7th
Kindness Kick Off
SATURDAY, MAY 7TH WE WILL KICK OFF THE SPRING "JOIN THE MOO-VEMENT" CAMPAIGN AT THE ELLINGTON FARMERs' MARKET
arbor park from 9 am to noon.
COME VISIT US AND SEE WHAT WE ARE UP TO:
POSTER CONTEST WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED
A COW CRAFT FOR KIDS
GET A "JOIN THE MOO-VEMENT" SIGN WHILE THEY LAST.
HAVE YOUR PHOTO TAKEN WITH OUR KINDNESS COW! A REAL COW!
Around the World in One Knight
Also ON Saturday, May 7th The Ellington Youth Services' High School Cultural Club hosts
"Around the World in One Knight."
Ellington High School Cafeteria
from 5 pm to 8 pm
This FREE event will include:
The Ellington High School Steel Drum Band
Irish Step Dancing
Crafts for children
Martial Arts Demonstrations by American Karate Center
Events at Hall Memorial Library
93 Main Street, Ellington
Friday, May 6th
7 pm - Li Liu and The Traditions of Chinese Acrobats
The show is free but preregistration is required
- visit http://library.ellington-ct.gov/ for details or call 860-870-3160.
Saturday, May 7th
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Holi Festival
- A traditional Indian celebration that announces the passing of winter and the coming of spring. This is an outdoor event (rain date is June 11th). There will be music, dance, food and colored powders.
- The activities are free but preregistration is required.
- visit http://library.ellington-ct.gov/ for more details or call 860-870-3160